“Walk around the edge of town for a bit…” “PEAKY BLINDERS” SOUNDTRACK WILL BE AVAILABLE ON BLOOD RED VINYL
It’s not just the low tones of Nick Cave’s vocals in the opening theme that have become synonymous with the hit BBC drama centered on the Birmingham gangster Tommy Shelby, his family and their somewhat questionable business practices. Along with the atmospheric opener, all of the songs featured in the show have been carefully chosen to reflect the vibe of the program (the violence, the grit AND the glamour) and the inner lives of its characters.
The soundtrack features the haunting rendition of the show’s iconic theme song, Nick Cave & Bad Seeds’ “red right hand“, plus a version recorded especially for the show by PJ Harvey which is only available on this soundtrack.
Also exclusively on the album are Jehnny Beth’s “I am the man” and At Anna Calvi’s series 5 score, “You Are Not God”, featuring by Richard Hawkley (Bob Dylan) “Ballad of a thin man.” The album is completed with songs by Nick Cave himself, Arctic Monkeys, The White Stripes, Royal blood, The last shadow puppets, stone age queens, black sabbath, david bowie, Laura Marlinand Foals among others.
The show is known for its dark and dramatic soundtrack, acting as a window into the mind of Tommy Shelby – a tortured ex-soldier who suffers from PTSD after fighting in the trenches during World War I. The 3LP set includes music and key dialogue snippets from all 5 series of the show.
The show was particularly celebrated for its sleek cinematography and charismatic performances, enhanced by the use of contemporary music, and featuring the multiple Mercury Award-nominated singer-songwriter’s final season score. Anna Calvi, the applause just kept coming. The soundtrack album also includes excerpts from original scores created specifically for the show.
The show’s creator, Steven Knight, was instrumental in the prominence of the music used on the show: “the Peaky Blinders the story and the music we use are twins, born at the same time. It would be hard to imagine most of the pivotal moments without the soundtrack. I’m so happy that finally we were able to collect some of the tracks on one album, to put the atmosphere, the swagger and the growl of the show into your headphones and speakers.”
So open a bottle of whiskey, unbutton your waistcoat, relax and sit down to enjoy the music – AT THE ORDER OF THE PEAKY BLINDERS!
Pre-order here: https://peakyblinders.lnk.to/3LP
List of 3LP tracks
LP1 – Side A
- Tommy: “That’s not a good idea…”
- Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds – red right hand
- The White Stripes – St James Infirmary Blues
- Truce – From the ‘Peaky Blinders’ Soundtrack / Series 1 (Score)
- Tommy: …
- Dan Auerbach – The Prowl
- Polly: “There’s only one thing…”
- Jack White – Love is blind
- PJ Harvey – To bring you my love
LP1 – B-side
- Alfie: “I’ve heard some really bad, bad, bad things…”
- Black Rebel Motorcycle – River Styx
- Post Irish Meeting – From the ‘Peaky Blinders’ Soundtrack / Series 2 (Score)
- PJ Harvey- red right hand
- Laura Marlin – What he wrote
- Arthur: “Do you want to tell them…”
- Royal blood – Come here
- Arctic Monkeys – Do I want to know?
LP2 – Side A
- Tom: “I love you…”
- Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds – Breathless
- Radiohead – You and which army?
- Polly: “A woman of substance…”
- PJ Harvey – It’s Love
- Sounds – From the ‘Peaky Blinders’ Soundtrack / Series 3 (Score)
- Tommy: “You can change what you do…”
- Stone Age Queens – Burn the Witch
- The Last Shadow Puppets – Bad Habits
- david bowie – Lazarus
LP2 – Side B
- Tommy: “Sex, freedom, whiskey sour…”
- Savages – Adore
- Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds – The Mercy Seat (Live from KCRW)
- Rachel Dismissed & The Winterset – I Wish
- Ballad of Polly Gray – From the “Peaky Blinders” Soundtrack / Series 4 (Score)
- Tommy: “I’m not a traitor to my class…”
- Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes – The Devil in Me
LP3 – Side A
- Foals – Snake Oil
- Polly: “It’s in our gypsy blood…”
- Radiohead – Pyramid Song
- Laura Marlin – A Hard Rain’s A-Gonna Fall
- Adam: Tommy Shelbydeputy…’
- Black Sabbath – The Magician
- Anna Calvi – Grandpa Pacifier
LP3 – B-side
- Joy Division – Atmosphere
- Tommy: “You have to understand…”
- Anna Calvi – You are not God
- Arthur: “There’s a Bentley outside…”
- Jehnny Beth – I Am The Man
- Idles – Never fight a man with a perm
- Tommy: “I will continue…”
- Richard Hawley – Ballad of a Thin Man