Marina Times – Marina Books Inc. bestseller list
1. The sentence, by Louise Erdrich
2. Oh William! : a novel, by Elizabeth Strout
3. Our country friends: a novel, by Gary Shteyngart
non-fictional hardcover works
1. His Honor: my life on the bench… what works, what is broken and how to change it, by LaDoris Hazzard Cordell
2. A Snackery Carnival: Newspapers 2003-2020, by David Sedaris
3. The Dawn of Everything: A New History of Humanity, by David Graeber and David Wengrow
1. Dune, by Frank Herbert
2. The paper demon and other stories, by Rosaleen Bertolino
3. The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo, by Taylor Jenkins Reid
1. The best of me, by David Sedaris
2. Braiding Sweet Grass: Indigenous Wisdom, Scientific Knowledge, and Lessons from Plants, by Robin Wall Kimmerer
3.11 must-see places in San Francisco, by Floriana Petersen
1. Hawthorne’s Legacy (The Legacy Games, Book 2), by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
2. Aaron Slater, illustrator (The questioners), by Andrea Beaty and David Roberts
3. Big Shot: Diary of a Wimpy Child, Volume 16, by Jeff Kinney
NEW RELEASES NEWS
Renegades: Born in the USA, by Barack Obama and Bruce Springsteen
renegades is based on the Bruce Springsteen and Barack Obama podcast, Higher ground, a dialogue between two famous but different men.
They didn’t interview each other so much as they struck up a conversation: conversations between friends who have grown closer over the years despite their respective fame and busy schedules.
Now those conversations have turned into a tabletop book with over 350 photographs ranging from intimate personal family portraits to all kinds of pop culture visual references.
Shock of termination: a novel, by Neal Stephenson
Termination shock is a technopolitical thriller about climate change in an overly compelling future that looms on the horizon.
At first glance, this 700-page bumper loaded with scientific information from all disciplines may seem intimidating, but many Neal Stephenson fans know they expect a brisk pace with a wild cast of memorable and entertaining characters and an encyclopedia of stimulating concepts. .
Stephenson’s novels may well be the science fiction equivalent of Thomas Pynchon.
The Thousand and One Nights Annotated: Tales of 1001 Nights, by Yasmine Seale and Paulo Lemos Horta
This book is a brilliant new translation of classic tales beloved around the world. Combined with scholarly background information and beautiful design, this literary treasure will inspire readers of all ages.
Chris Hsiang can help you find your next book at Books Inc., 2251 Chestnut Street, 415-931-3633, booksinc.net.