Fear Street 2 Soundtrack – Every Song In 1978
Fear Street Part 2: 1978’s soundtrack features songs from David Bowie, Kansas, Velvet Underground and more classic artists of the era.
Fear Street Part 2: 1978 is full of bloody ax murders and nefarious witchcraft, but at least the soundtrack rocks! Featuring 1970s classics from Blue Oyster Cult, Kansas, Velvet Underground, David Bowie and more, Fear Street Part 2 continues the story of the cursed town of Shadyside by delving further into its past.
Netflix’s trilogy of Fear street movies, based on the teen horror books by RL Stine, kicked off with Fear Street Part 1: 1994. In the first movie of the trilogy, Shadyside teen Deena and her brother Josh tried to save Deena’s girlfriend, Sam, from the vengeful curse of 17th century witch Sarah Fier. In Fear Street Part 2: 1978, Deena and Josh seek advice from C. Berman, a Shadysider who saw the witch during a massacre at Camp Nightwing 16 years ago, and lived to tell the tale.
Click the button below to start this article in quick view.
Just as Fear Street Part 1: 1994 features a soundtrack full of classic ’90s hits, Fear Street Part 2: 1978‘s songs are mainly taken from the time period in which the movie is set. There are returning tracks like Ruby Lane’s chilling lullaby of death, “You Always Hurt the Ones You Love,” as well as the original Velvet Underground version of “Sweet Jane” (a cover by Cowboy Junkies appeared on 1994’s soundtrack).
Two of the tracks in Fear Street Part 2 repeat: “Cherry Bomb,” which plays during an early scene and again at the end of the movie, and “Carry On Wayward Song,” which plays over Camp Nightwing’s tannoy system as the Color War begins, and then again at a crucial point during the massacre. Here’s a guide to every song in Fear Street Part 2: 1978, and what scenes they accompany.
- Nirvana / âThe Man Who Sold the Worldâ – C. Berman goes through her evening routine.
- Neil Diamond / âBrother Love’s Traveling Salvation Showâ – Montage of life at Camp Nightwing.
- Captain & Tennille / âLove Will Keep Us Togetherâ – Cindy and Tommy scrub the outhouse.
- The Runaways / âCherry Bombâ – Alice and Arnie enjoy some time off.
- Jordyn DiNatale / âYou Always Hurt the One You Loveâ – Sung by Ruby Lane in flashbacks and when she arrives in Camp Nightwing.
- Cat Stevens / âBitter Blueâ – Cindy and Tommy clean the mess hall.
- Cat Stevens / âThe First Cut Is the Deepestâ – Nurse Lane attacks Tommy.
- Blue Oyster Cult / âDon’t Fear the Reaperâ – The kids of Camp Nightwing eat dinner.
- David Bowie / âMoonage Daydreamâ – Ziggy prepares her arts and crafts project.
- Kansas / âCarry On Wayward Sonâ – The Color War begins.
- Buzzcocks / âEver Fallen In Love (With Someone You Shouldn’t Have?)â – Nick visits Ziggy in her cabin.
- Thelma Houston / âDon’t Leave Me This Wayâ – Sheila follows an invitation to the outhouse.
- Velvet Underground / âSweet Janeâ – Nick and Ziggy get close in the science and nature building.
- Foghat / âSlow Rideâ – Joan and Kurt have a secret tryst.
- David Bowie / âThe Man Who Sold the Worldâ – Nick tries to save a Berman sister.
Fear Street Part 1: 1994 and Fear Street Part 2: 1978 are available on Netflix now. The trilogy will conclude with Fear Street Part 3: 1666, which releases on Friday 16th July.
More: Fear Street Timeline: Every Event & Killer Explained
- Fear Street Part 3: 1666 (2021)Release date: Jul 16, 2021
Disney + Celebrates Black Widow Release With Solo MCU Movie Posters
About The Author