Bruce Springsteen and Paul Simon scheduled for Clive Davis Central Park show
Clive Davis landed Bruce Springsteen and Paul Simon to headline Mayor Bill de Blasio’s post-COVID Central Park concert, Page Six has learned.
âBruce will do a duet with Patti Smith,â added an insider, âJennifer Hudson is also scheduled [to hit the stage]. ”
The concert – which is meant to celebrate New York City’s rebirth after COVID-19 lockdowns – is scheduled to take place on the Great Lawn on August 21.
We have also learned that it will air on CNN. Davis – who helps produce the event – previously said eight “iconic” stars would perform a three-hour show in front of a crowd of 60,000.
“There will probably be … a significant percentage [of] artists of color. It’ll likely be a four hour show now, âthe insider said.
Multiple sources told Page Six that Diana Ross had been approached in the hopes that she would rehearse her iconic 1983 concert in Central Park, but that she will not perform again until 2022. The diva is expected to tour the UK. United and headlining the Glastonbury Festival next summer.
Paul Simon, of course, also had an iconic concert in Central Park with Art Garfunkel in 1981.
Meanwhile, another source told us some celebrities were “a little uncomfortable” after finding out Davis briefly hired Erich Bergen to run the mega-gig. Bergen was prosecuted in May for allegedly compromising the virtual television broadcast “AIDS Walk: Live at Home” by taking a video he produced of the acceptance speech by winner Sir Elton John “held hostage”. A rep for the “Madame Secretary” actor – who is also a video producer – told Page Six that it was a “lie” at the time, but apparently it is still being rumored in the news. ‘industry.
“Everyone [was] dealing with Erichâ¦ Celebrities [were] talking to Eric and receiving emails from him. No one knows him. All they know is Elton’s story, âthe source said.
The insider confirmed that Bergen was involved after helping Davis with his Grammy Zoom parties earlier this year. âOne kind of lead to another,â they said. But now he’s been kicked out of the project and âmore major players are now running himâ like Dick Clark Productions veteran Patrick Menton and Live Nation.
Representatives from Davis and the mayor’s office did not immediately respond to us.