All questions # 520: “Reese’s Pieces”
Last week’s challenge
Start with the words SENATOR and FLAME. Rearrange the letters to spell the eight-letter name of a town where a Major League Baseball team was located and a four-letter word you often hear at a baseball game. What are the words?
Reply: MONTREAL, SR.
THIS WEEK’S CATEGORY: REESE COINS
On-air questions: It’s around that time of year: Halloween. It’s the season for haunted haywalks, candy corn, treats, fake cobwebs and Jamie Lee Curtis. In honor of All Hallows’ Eve, I’m serving the candy dish tonight with Reese’s Pieces. Every correct answer tonight can be spelled out from the letters of the words Reese’s Pieces.
1. Common links: Mel B and Mel C, the Moluccas Islands in Indonesia, and a company with the advertising campaign “Smell like a man, man. “
2. Among the top five tracks on Radiohead: The Best Of, what is missing from this list? “Fair”, “Paranoid Android”, “Karma Police” and “No Surprises”
3. With a larger forearm and a stiffer blade, which of the three fencing weapons weighs approximately 27 ounces for full body duels?
4. Originally premiered in 1997 on ABC and aired for 65 episodes, which Saturday morning animated series starring characters like TJ, Vince, Spinelli and Mikey has returned for feature films like “School’s Out” and “Taking the Fifth Grade ”?
5. Buried in the old cemetery north of Concord, which one-term president only had a vice-president for six weeks, because William Rufus King died of tuberculosis without ever performing any official duties?
This week’s challenge
Start with the name of a common Halloween candy. Rearrange the letters and you can spell out a four-letter religious observance and a four-letter part of that observance. What are the words?
1. Spice (Spice Girls, The Spice Islands and Old Spice)
2. Creep (According to Setlist.FM, “Creep” is the band’s sixth most played song despite a seven-year hiatus between 2009 and 2016)
3. Epée (other fencing weapons are foil and saber; with the epee, you can only score a shot with the tip of the blade)
4. “Recess” (Among the voice actors of Recess was the great Pamela Adlon, who also voiced Bobby Hill in “King of the Hill”)
5. Pierce (King is the most senior Alabamian in American history and the only vice-president to be sworn in on foreign soil; he was trying to recuperate in Cuba on inauguration day)